Announcements and Events (1-4) and Opportunities (5). Photos from past events are at Item 6. See also windows for Shabbat services and Recurring events.
1. Next Hebrew class Sunday, Nov 30.
2. Shabbat on December 1, 9, 15, 22, and 29. Special Shabbats Saturday, December 9 at 10 am. and December 15. (No cooking class or luncheon on December 9, due to Chanukah dinner the following week)
Friday, December 15, community Chanukah dinner including Shabbat service and concert. Dinner includes brisket, chicken, vegetable lasagna, salad, latkes and dessert. Cost for dinner is $15 per adult, $7.50 for children ages 6 to 10 and free for children under age 6. RSVP to Mary Beth by December 5th. See flyer for more information.
3. First night of Chanukah, Wednesday, December 13. Temple Sinai will host menorah lighting at City Center Newport News. time to follow.
4. Sunday evening, December 24, and Monday morning, December 25. Temple Sinai will assist PORT (contact at Temple Sinai is Larry Linn)..
5. Opportunities to get involved at Temple Sinai:
--Caring Committee ongoing opportunities to help our members for appointments or Shiva (see Social Action tab under Activities).
--Pulpit Committee: additional members needed to line up volunteers for honors at Services.
--See December 24/25 entry for PORT assistance.
--Webmaster assistance: to get involved, contact John, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Recent events
Saturday, October 9. Sukkot Community dinner (Moroccan couscous); Outdoors in our Sukkah
Friday, August 25. A meaningful and heartwarming encounter with a delegation from Grace Episcopal Church, Yorktown, after the tragedy at Charlottesville.
Friday, June 30. Our program featuring producer, artist, and music scholar Ben Sidran was a great success with 100 attending. See pictures. Also thanks to UJCVP for supporting grant. Flyer here.